ATN, an established leader in the world of night vision and tactical optical designs, offers many options for the professional, military, law enforcement and discerning user of night vision devices. Their products are designed with diligence and technological advancements that have made them a world leader in providing sporting and tactical optics. Their high quality optical designs are loaded with user friendly features, and offer value and functionality that deserve recognition and merit.
The Mars6x-HPT night vision riflescope was inspired by ATN's quest for technical perfection. Scientifically advanced materials and components were assembled into this battle-ready sighting system that is well suited for tactical and sporting maneuvers.
This Mars scope features a 6x magnification for precise long range shooting as well as a reasonably wide field of view for quick target acquisition at close range. The mechanics of this optical sight are well thought out and built to exacting tolerances; focusing the scope is facilitated by turning the top mounted knob, and comfortable target turrets engage precise 1/4 MOA windage & elevation correction.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and this varies by manufacturer, so ultimately the generation of the intensifier tube is much more relevant than any quoted statistic when determining the maximum viewing range.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Tactical remote switch
- 450 mW IR illuminator included
- Side-mounted Picatinny accessory rail
- -6/+2 Dioptric correction & 45mm of eye-relief
- Monorail mount is Picatinny & Weaver compatible
(Optional M4/M16/AR-15 carry handle mount is available from ATN)
- Nitrogen filled housing ensures water and fog proof performance
(Unit is submersible to 66.0'/20 m for 1 hour)
- Automatic brightness control compensates for dynamic lighting conditions
- 1/4 MOA precision adjustments with 120 MOA windage & elevation correction
- Powered by a single 3V CR123A battery or a single 1.5V "AA" type battery
(battery life: 3.0V-55 hr/ 1.5V-44 hr)
- Operating Temperature Range
- -60° to 113° F(-51° to +45° C)
- Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle
- The illuminated Mil-Dot reticle provides accurate long range distance calculations. The color of the reticle can be switched from amber to red depending on the situation.
- Second Generation HPT Intensifier Tube
- 2nd Generation HPT (High Performance Tube) intensifier tube delivers 55-72 lp/mm of resolution. Second generation intensifiers are less reliant upon ambient light, produce clearer images with less distortion, and last longer than earlier versions of night vision technology.