The X-Sight Smart Technology HD Day & Night 5-18x85 Riflescope is an all-around rifle-mounted digital aiming and imaging system from ATN.The scope is fully functional in broad daylight or in dead of night as-is, requiring no mounting or takedown of separate components. Its 85mm objective lens provides 5x magnification and up to 18x continuous digital zoom. Since you'll be looking at a digital image, there is virtually no eye-relief limit, and no loss of light or decrease in exit pupil with higher magnification. The heart of the X-Sight is its proprietary Obsidian Core that runs an entire suite of sensors covering all of the shooter's needs. The CMOS sensor delivers beautiful, color-true images to the shooter's eye, while the other sensors work in tandem to deliver outstanding features, usability, versatility and an unforgettable shooting experience. Record your hunt in 1080p HD, and send it to smart devices in real time, without the need for action cams. Smart technology brings together age-old tradition and hi-tech performance in an attractive, sturdy and affordable package. The rugged aluminum body provides full protection of all components under adverse conditions, and was tested to withstand recoil from 30-06 Spr. on a bolt-action rifle. Digital windage and elevation controls shift the reticle ¼MOA per "click", (ie. press of button). Five user selectable reticles (duplex, dot, circle dot, three-line and five-line subtensions) are available in five different colors. The scope truly shines when its digital BDC is put to field use. Distance to target and bullet weight are user-fed into the scope on-board, while the sensors measure velocity and altitude. The X-Sight will then do all the calculations automatically and the reticle will be positioned on the exact projected Point Of Impact ("dead-on") without holdover or subtension. For nighttime use, simply switch to darkness mode and watch night turn to day. The image quality is comparable to Gen II NVDs, less noise (higher SNR) and virtually no sensitivity to bright light bursts. Choose between digital color (warm green being the dominant hue) or B&W displays at any time. The integral illuminator provides active IR illumination for nighttime use. An external Picatinny type rail provides a mounting platform for additional accessories, such as lasers, lights or an additional IR illuminator. The scope is equipped with an integral Picatinny type mount. This mount has two crossbolts and it will only mount on a base slotted all along. It won't mount on "Weaver" type bases with slots only in the front and rear of the base. A slew of useful features complement the smart sight:
- Full day and night functionality with no-tools transition
- No Clip-On lenses or NV eyepieces to mount or remove - switch between day and night with the push of a button.
- Digital auto BDC
- Positions the reticle "dead-on" with any changes in the field; distance to target, bullet weight, velocity and atmospheric conditions.
- GPS get-back and hunt itinerary recording feature
- On-board GPS will orient you back to your point of origin wherever you are.
It can also store several hunt itineraries, from the moment game is spotted until it's been bagged. The route is then outlined on a map.
- Wi-Fi broadcast to smart device
- Transfer images, video, and exact location to smart devices and social media in real time.
- Gyroscopic image stabilization
- Record steady and vibration-free images even while holding offhand or from an ATV. The Gyrostabilizer can be either locked in or completely turned off for shooting.
- Geotag feature
- Stamps images with geolocation, exact time, temperature and altitude. The Geotag feature can be turned off entirely.
- Digital compass
- Exact directions, azimuth angles and wind speed/direction displayed in field-of-view (on demand).
- Automatic altitude and bullet velocity measurements
- Digital BDC feature needs only bullet weight and distance to target to calculate exact bullet drop compensation - all other coordinates are measured automatically.