ASRock Super Alloy - XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink - Premium Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke) - Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) - NexFET™ MOSFET - Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors) - Sapphire Black PCB
OC Formula Kit » OC Formula Power Kit - 12 Phase CPU Power design + 4 Phase Memory Power design, Digi Power, Multiple Filter Cap, Jumbo V » OC Formula Connector Kit - Hi-Density Power Connector, 15μ Gold Contact (CPU socket, memory sockets and PCIE x16 slots) » OC Formula Cooling Kit - 8 Layer PCB, 4 x 2oz copper » OC Formula Monitor Kit - Multi Thermal Sensor
Waterproof by Conformal Coating - Nullifies Water Damage!
Conductive liquids such as water pretty much destroy all kinds of electronics on contact. That’s why ASRock has implemented a special layer of Conformal Coating on our motherboards, which makes the motherboards invulnerable to conductive liquids, corrosion and dust. Users won’t have to worry about spilling liquid nitrogen, liquid helium or even clam chowder over their motherboards while overclocking.
Note: Conformal Coating may protect the motherboard against conductive liquids, but only to a certain extent. To avoid damaging your computer and other components, we still advise users to keep liquids a safe distance away. Plus, the pins need to stay conductive therefore they are not covered by Conformal Coating.
5 Year Warranty
ASRock’s OC Formula Series motherboards with Conformal Coating guarantees 5 year warranty for any malfunctions that occur under normal use conditions during the warranty period.
*The details of this 5 year warranty service may vary by different regions.
M.2 Socket (PCIe Gen2 x2 & SATA)
The onboard M.2 socket is a new interface for connecting Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) solid state drives or other devices. ASRock supports M.2 SATA3 6Gb/s modules and M.2 PCI Express modules up to Gen2 x2 10Gb/s, which is 2X faster compared to other M.2 Gen2 x1 solutions that are limited to 5Gb/s.
Purity Sound™ 2
Purity Sound™ 2 includes 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, 115dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier, TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier, cap less Direct Drive technology, EMI shielding cover, PCB isolate shielding and DTS Connect. As Nichicon audio capacitors are what every audiophile has been longing for on a PC, ASRock applied these high quality capacitors for Purity Sound™ 2.
This frequency response chart was tested with 32 ohm normal headphones. It indicates how traditional audio solution's frequency response drops drastically at low frequencies. Compared to traditional audio solution's (2.0dB) at 20 Hz bass low freq area, Purity Sound™ 2 still maintains its frequency response (0.4dB) and provides better bass with the TI® NE5532 amplifier, improving the bass quality by 20% (1.6dB)!
Your Personal Cloud, Easy and Always Connects
ASRock Cloud* technology makes your mobile devices connect to your PC seamlessly and supports multi devices for accessing File Explorer cloud service simultaneously! We offer a one-year subscription to Orbweb.ME Professional version, a personal cloud service which is $49.99 per year. It allows you to get connected with your PC's files, music, photos, and video clips remotely with tablets anytime, anywhere. Plus an additional one-month upgrade to Orbweb.ME Ultimate package with Remote Desktop function.
Cloud service should be simple and personal. Don't take time to upload the files to the public cloud again. Stop spending money on setting up another NAS device you don't know. Orbweb ME's file browser is your solution to zero adaption, managing your folders and files in the cloud. Accessing and exchanging files instantly among all of your PC and storages. All your folders and files are sitting just where you know they are.
Media Library and Streaming
Orbweb Personal's media library takes care of your media content. Organize all your photos, videos and music across your PCs and online storages. Diverse, intuitive and smart sorting help finding desired movies in few clicks. Progressive streaming lets you enjoy your music collection almost no download time. Web browser based and mobile app portal keep you connected in any device any time.
Access File Explorer From Multiple Devices
Orbweb ME allows you to access your own personal File Explorer from multiple devices, bringing your tablets, laptops and PC together. Forgot an important file in your computer at home which you need for the next meeting? Another hard day hiding in the office bathroom, missing your massive collection of funny videos and music clips? You can get it all by connecting your tablets or laptops to access File Explorer and immerse into the paradise in few seconds.
Remote Desktop Anywhere
Laying in the bedroom or sitting in the office, tablet in your hands just becomes smarter. Pick up any work sheet left in office or start any application from you home PC. Orbweb ME's remote desktop not only mobilized your PC but also empower your tablet. No matter the device, No matter the location, Orbweb ME always keeps your PC by you.
* Remote Desktop comes with the Ultimate package which is only free for the first month.
Wake On WAN
The latest technology that WOWs you with the ability to wake up your PC remotely over the internet. Turn your PC on/off only when you need to. Keep your PC healthy and save energy at the same time.
* Apply on certain motherboards with wake on wan support
* Orbweb ME is provided by Kloudian Systems Inc. Restriction may apply and the offer is subject to change, termination or discontinuation by Kloudian Systems Inc. without prior notice. Please visit the website for further details : http://www.asrock.com/feature/cloud/index.html
ASRock APP Shop
ASRock APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock APP Shop.
ASRock APP Shop is the only all-in-one software package that delivers you the most practical PC apps and tools, in one integrated interface – from ASRock exclusive tools to the most update-to-date options of the latest technology.
Orbweb ME : Get Connected with ASRock Cloud Anytime, Anywhere
App Charger : Fast Charge & Charge Anytime
Google Chrome : Better Browsing with Google Options
XFast LAN : Your Smartest Internet Access Manager
SATA Express Connector
The SATA Express* interface provides PCIe Gen2 x2 (10Gb/s) data transfer speed. This motherboard offers the latest SATA Express connector to enthusiasts to enjoy the ultimate performance.
* Support to be announced.
4 x DDR3 3400+(OC)
This motherboard unlocks maximum memory performance, coming with 4 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, supporting up to DDR3 3400+ (OC) MHz!
HDD Saver Technology
There's a dedicated 4-pin HDD Saver Connector placed near the SATA ports. By connecting it to the HDDs, you can shut down or turn on the HDDs via software when needed. HDD Saver Technology secures more privacy, saves more energy, and extends HDD life.
Use the Hotkey [Ctrl + Alt + S] to run HDD Saver under OS.
Once you shut down your connected HDDs, they will disappear from your file explorer screen. Therefore other people won't even know these HDDs existed, nor can they access your private data stored on these HDDs. You can protect your privacy easily.
Shut down and hide up to 2 HDDs for privacy when needed
Without HDD Saver Technology, all HDDs are visible all the time. Your privacy is NOT protected!
Many HDDs are used for storing data only, while ODD is not frequently used. However, these occupied HDDs/ODD still consume a lot of energy and increase the internal temperature of the chassis when idle. This eco-friendly design allows you to shut down those devices for saving more energy. You can turn them back on anytime you need them.
Switch on or off the connected HDD/ODD whenever you want! Save more energy!
It is always annoying when your HDDs fail, not to mention the loss of your precious photos, videos, data, etc. By avoiding switching your HDDs on and off frequently, you can protect them from any potential damage and prolong your HDDs' life.
Delivering faster networking performance for time-sensitive UDP (User Datagram Protocol) based applications, such as high quality media streaming.
The onboard Rapid OC buttons allow overclocking enthusiasts to manually raise or lower the system's CPU ratio, BCLK frequency or CPU Vcore voltage. Fast and simple, just use the buttons to find your CPU’s best margin.
For those who constantly need to remove or reinstall their PCIe cards, but fear of damaging the motherboard and its precious components, use the PCIe ON/OFF switches on the motherboard to enable or disable the PCIe slots with a flick of your finger.
ASRock Formula Drive is an all-in-one software for fine tuning different features in an user friendly interface. Specifically designed for perfectionist that wish to fine tune every tiny little aspect of their personal computer.
Fine-Tuning V-Controller is a massive collection of voltage fine tuning options in the ASRock UEFI Setup Utility. It provides more than enough voltage configuration options for professional overclockers who wish to pursuit extremes.
Timing Configurator is an independent application that runs under Windows® OS, it allows users to monitor an abundant collection of subtle DRAM timing values immediately and easily.
Rules are made for breaking! Use the onboard switch to activate LN2 Mode to disable the CPU’s thermal protection. Explore beyond the limits and keep your fingers crossed.
Patience is a virtue, and it may also prove itself useful while overclocking. Use the onboard switch to toggle Slow Mode for forcing your CPU to run at its lowest frequency.
Nick Shih’s OC Profile
No matter whether you are still a newbie with absolutely zero experience or a veteran who is already pretty skillful in overclocking, the legendary overclocker Nick Shih has added a few presets for different levels of overclocking called Nick Shih’s OC Profile. Now is your chance to learn a few tricks from the champion.
ASRock App Charger
Fast Charge & Charge Anytime
Simply installing the App Charger driver, it makes your iPhone charge up to 40% faster than before. ASRock App Charger supports continuous charging when your PC enters Standby mode (S1), Suspend to RAM (S3), hibernation mode (S4) or power off (S5). The App Charger technology has been fully applied on ASRock Full series motherboards.
In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!
Restart to UEFI
Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Limit and control your children's time spent on the internet. ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users.
UEFI Tech Service
Contact ASRock Tech Service by sending a support request from the UEFI setup utility if you are having trouble with your personal computer. Users may try to choose the category of the issue they have encountered, describe the problem in detail, and then attach an optional picture or log file for our technical support team.
Dampness kills most electronics, so it's a better idea to keep your personal computer dry. Now users may prevent motherboard damages due to dampness by enabling Dehumidifier. When it is enabled, the computer will power on automatically to dehumidify the system after entering S4/S5 state.
Easy Driver Installer
For users that don’t have an optical disk drive to install the drivers from our support CD, Easy Driver Installer is a handy tool in the UEFI that installs the LAN driver to your system via an USB storage device, then downloads and installs the other required drivers automatically through the internet. Completely no CD or optical disk drive required!
Tired of listening to crappy audio that makes your ears bleed? Experience high-quality surround sound from your personal computer. DTS Connect is a blanket name for a two-part system, including DTS Interactive and DTS Neo:PC, it is used on the computer platform only, in order to convert PC audio into the DTS format.
This motherboard supports HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) which is an interface standard for transferring uncompressed video data and delivering multi-channel audio through a single cable. Both video and audio data signals transferred through the HDMI™ interface are digital without being converted into analog, therefore it delivers the richest pictures and the most realistic sounds.
OC Formula Kit
OC Formula Power Kit - 12 Phase CPU Power design + 4 Phase Memory Power design - Digi Power (CPU and Memory) - Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) - Multiple Filter Cap (MFC) (Filter different noise by 3 different capacitors: DIP solid cap, POSCAP and MLCC) - Jumbo V OC Formula Connector Kit - Hi-Density Power Connector (8 pin) - 15μ Gold Contact (CPU socket, memory sockets and PCIE x16 slots) OC Formula Cooling Kit - 8 Layer PCB - 4 x 2oz copper OC Formula Monitor Kit - Multi Thermal Sensor
ASRock Super Alloy - XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink - Premium Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke) - Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) - NexFET™ MOSFET - Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors) - Sapphire Black PCB ASRock HDD Saver Technology ASRock Full Spike Protection ASRock Conformal Coating ASRock Cloud ASRock APP Shop
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 2 x 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support (1 x Main BIOS and 1 x Backup BIOS) - Supports Secure Backup UEFI Technology - ACPI 1.1 Compliant wake up events - SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support - CPU, DRAM, PCH 1.05V, PCH 1.5V Voltage Multi-adjustment
Audio, Video and Networking
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel®HD Graphics 4400/4600 - Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 11.1 - Max. shared memory 1792MB - Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2304) @ 24Hz - Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required) - Supports HDCP with HDMI Port - Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with HDMI Port
*Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
***Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec) - Premium Blu-ray Audio support - Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection) - Supports Purity Sound™ 2 - Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps - 115dB SNR DAC with differential amplifier - TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 ohm headsets) - Direct Drive Technology - EMI shielding cover - PCB isolate shielding - Supports DTS Connect
- PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s - Qualcomm® Atheros® Killer™ E2200 Series - Supports Qualcomm® Atheros® Security Wake On Internet Technology - Supports Wake-On-LAN - Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection) - Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az - Supports PXE
Expansion / Connectivity
- 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE4: single at x16 (PCIE1); dual at x8 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE2); triple at x8 (PCIE1) / x4 (PCIE2) / x4 (PCIE4)) - 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slot (PCIE6: x4 mode) - 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots - Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 4-Way CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™ - Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by Intel® Z97, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel®Rapid Storage Technology 13 and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI, Hot Plug and ASRock HDD Saver Technology - 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI, Hot Plug and ASRock HDD Saver Technology - 1 x SATA Express 10 Gb/s Connector (shared with SATA3_4, SATA3_5 and M.2 Socket) - 1 x M.2_SSD (NGFF) Socket 3, supports M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen2 x2 (10 Gb/s)
*Support to be announced.
- 1 x COM Port Header - 1 x TPM Header - 1 x Power LED header - 2 x CPU Fan Connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin) - 4 x Chassis Fan Connectors (1 x 4-pin, 3 x 3-pin) - 1 x Power Fan Connector (3-pin) - 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector - 2 x 8 pin 12V Power Connectors (Hi-Density Power Connector) - 1 x HDD Saver Connector - 1 x PCIe Power Connector - 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector - 1 x Thunderbolt™ AIC Connector - 1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 1 x Power Switch with LED - 1 x Reset Switch with LED - V-Probe™: 2 x 7-set of onboard voltage measurement points laid - Rapid OC Buttons: +/- buttons to adjust OC frequency - 1 x Menu Button - 1 x PCIe ON/OFF Switch - 1 x Post Status Checker (PSC) - 1 x Slow Mode Switch - 1 x LN2 Mode Switch - 1 x BIOS Selection Switch
Rear Panel I/O
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port - 1 x HDMI Port - 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port - 4 x USB 2.0 Ports - 4 x USB 3.0 Ports (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 2 x USB 3.0 Ports (Intel® Z97) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch - HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Other Features / Miscellaneous
Software and UEFI
Software - ASRock Formula Drive - ASRock Disk Health Report - ASRock USB Key - ASRock Fine-Tuning V-Controller - ASRock Timing Configurator - ASRock APP Charger - ASRock XFast RAM - ASRock Restart to UEFI UEFI - ASRock Full HD UEFI - ASRock My Favorites in UEFI - ASRock UEFI Guide - ASRock NickShih's OC Profile - ASRock Instant Flash - ASRock Internet Flash - ASRock Crashless BIOS - ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) - ASRock UEFI System Browser - ASRock UEFI Tech Service - ASRock Dehumidifier - ASRock Easy RAID Installer - ASRock Easy Driver Installer
- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar, Start8 (30 days trial), Orbweb.ME Professional (Win 8.1 / 7), Killer Network Manager
- 1 x ASRock Flexible SLI™ Bridge Connector Cable - Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield - 4 x SATA Data Cables - 1 x HDD Saver Cable - 1 x Screw for M.2_SSD (NGFF) Socket 3
- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing - CPU/Chassis/Power Fan Tachometer - CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature) - CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control - Multi Thermal Sensor - Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Input Voltage, CPU Internal Voltages