Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.
Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
The Game of the Year Edition of Batman: Arkham City packages new gameplay content, seven maps, three playable characters, and 12 skins beyond the original retail release. Also included is the exciting epilogue, Harley Quinn's Revenge -- in this mission, players are sent back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. Utilize each of the characters' unique combat and investigative skills to uncover Harley's vengeful plan and shut the gates on the urban mega-prison forever. In addition to experiencing a new storyline, fans can explore new environments and face-off against Harley's all new gang of thugs.
Release Date: May 29, 2012
MSRP: 49.99 USD
T for Teen: Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Tobacco, Violence
Publishers: Warner Bros. Interactive, Eidos Interactive
Developer: Rocksteady Studios
- GOTY EDITION -- Extend the multi-award winning experience as the Dark Knight with Harley Quinn's Revenge, the final chapter in Batman: Arkham City that adds more than two hours of original gameplay to the critically-acclaimed interactive title.
- GOTY EDITION -- Packed with additional content, the Game of the Year edition comes complete with the Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Map Pack and Arkham City Skins Pack. All told, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition packages new gameplay content, seven maps, three playable characters, and 12 skins beyond the original retail release.
- Become the Dark Knight -- Batman: Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured psychology.
- Play as Catwoman -- Catwoman is a fully playable character in Batman: Arkham City who has her own storyline in the main game which is seamlessly interwoven with Batman's story arc. Her navigation skills, combat moves and gadgetry have been specifically designed to deliver a fully featured and unique experience.
- Advanced FreeFlow Combat -- Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkham's gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns.
- New Gadgets -- Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batman's abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt.
- New Story -- Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman: Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham.
- Arkham Has Moved -- Following the closure of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate prison, Gotham's new mayor, Quincy Sharp ordered the relocation of all inmates to Arkham City. This sprawling new super-prison is five times bigger than Arkham Island, enclosing a wide variety of industrial districts, iconic locations and Gotham landmarks.
- Huge Cast of Characters -- Players encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler and other iconic characters yet to be revealed.
- Featured VO Talent -- Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively.
- GOTY EDITION: New gameplay content.
- GOTY EDITION: Seven maps.
- GOTY EDITION: 3 playable characters.
- GOTY EDITION: 12 skins.
- Supported Functions
- Number Of Players: 1