Introducing Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.0
The name has changed from MacSpeech Dictate...but that's just the beginning of what's new in Dragon Dictate 2.0. From improved accuracy and faster performance, to streamlined set-up and a revamped Mac user interface, plus new editing commands, Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Search, and MouseGrid, Dragon Dictate 2.0 has been redesigned to deliver Simply Smarter Speech Recognition for the Macintosh.
Powered by the state-of-the-art Dragon v11 speech-recognition engine from Nuance, Dragon Dictate 2.0's recognition of your speech is much more accurate out of the box. Dictate 2.0 "learns" better than any previous version via training in the Recognition window, as well as through the Vocabulary Training feature. Dictate 2.0 responds faster to spoken commands, streamlines the editing process, and supports Dragon Voice Shortcuts that give you more power and flexibility in controlling your Mac by voice.
Powered by the state-of-the-art Dragon speech-recognition engine from Nuance.
In addition to under-the-hood changes, the Dragon Dictate 2.0 application includes a number of interface changes to accelerate set-up, improve training, streamline customization of vocabulary and voice commands, and simply make you more productive on your Mac. Improvements in Dictate 2.0 as a Mac OS X application help commands execute more rapidly, allow user profiles to load faster, and enable interaction with other Mac applications to be smoother than ever.
Above all, Dictate 2.0 enables you to focus on dictating your thoughts and ideas rather than dealing with the mouse and keyboard. That's simply a smarter way to interact with your Mac. It's Simply Smarter Speech Recognition.
Dragon Dictate for Mac -- Simply Smarter Speech Recognition
With Dragon Dictate for Mac, accomplish more than you ever imagined possible. Input text just by speaking--up to three times faster than typing--and interact with your favorite Mac applications using only your voice. With Dragon Dictate you can produce reports, email, articles, books, research notes, online content, and more--quickly, easily, and accurately. You'll get more done faster with less stress and more success--at home, at work, or wherever life takes you. Dragon Dictate provides amazing accuracy and requires just minutes of training to get started--it's Simply Smarter Speech Recognition.
USB microphone included.
Turn Talk into Text
Instead of a keyboard, use your voice to produce text. Speak your thoughts; then watch your words appear on screen in your favorite Mac applications--and up to three times faster than typing--with an astounding recognition-accuracy rate of up to 99% right out of the box.
Unlock Your Creativity
Dragon Dictate for Mac keeps up with your brain. Transform ideas into text at the speed of thought; start being creative and productive with only your voice--don't let typing get in the way of your ideas or productivity.
Control your Mac in a relaxed, hands-free manner without being tied to your keyboard. Instead of using your mouse, just speak commands to launch and control applications. Move the cursor or click anywhere on screen simply by voice.
Multi-Task Like Never Before
Tell your Mac what to do, like "Reply To This Message" or "Open Microsoft Word" or "Jump To Google" to work faster and smarter. Create voice commands that automate complex workflows on your Mac.
Work Your Way
Create a digital world, powered by your own voice. Customize Dragon Dictate for Mac with personal vocabulary and voice commands that reflect the kind of work you do.
Built for Mac
Dragon Dictate for Mac was built to give users the experience they expect from their favorite Macintosh applications--an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that dramatically boosts productivity. What's more, Dragon Dictate for Mac works with your favorite Apple applications, including Mail, iChat, iCal, TextEdit, Pages, Safari, and many more.
Simply Smarter--Improved Accuracy & Faster Recognition
- Powered By Dragon: Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.0 recognizes speech faster and more accurately right out of the box. Dictate 2.0's remarkable accuracy is powered by the latest version of the award-winning Dragon speech recognition engine. This is the same state-of-the-art technology used by Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 for the PC.
- Optimized For Mac: Improvements to Dictate 2.0 as a Mac OS X application enable the software to load data faster, respond faster with recognized text, execute commands faster and produce text more rapidly in your favorite Mac applications.
Smarter Control--Powerful Commands
In addition to the powerful voice commands that Dragon Dictate already offers for controlling popular Mac applications like Mail, iChat, TextEdit and Safari, the new Dragon Dictate 2.0 adds more ways than ever to interact with your Mac by voice:
- New Editing Commands: Most editing commands in Dragon Dictate 2.0 now allow for the syntax supported by Dragon NaturallySpeaking for PC. These commands are easy to say, easy to remember, and designed to simplify and speed up editing by voice. The new Dictate 2.0 commands include:
- "Select (text)", "Select Next/Previous"
- "Delete (text)", "Delete Next/Previous"
- "Train (text)" or "Correct (text)"
- "Insert Before/After (text)"
- "Capitalize (text)" , "Capitalize Next/Previous"
- "Lowercase (text)", "Lowercase Next/Previous"
- "Uppercase (text)", "Uppercase Next/Previous"
Commands carried over from MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 will continue to work, as well. For example, "Select The Word(s)" or "Delete The Word(s)", et. al.
- Proofreading: The new Proofreading commands in Dragon Dictate 2.0 take advantage of the powerful Text-to-Speech capabilities built into Mac OS X. Use these commands to have dictated text read back to you:
- "Read/Proofread (text)"
- "Read/Proofread The Selection"
- "Read/Proofread Document"
- Surrounding Punctuation: These commands allow you to put punctuation around certain words or words, using a single command. Some examples are:
- "Put Quotes Around (text)"
- "Put Parentheses Around (text)"
- "Put Brackets Around (text)"
- And more!
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Search: Dragon Voice Shortcuts offer an easy way to search for information, files and content from anywhere on your Mac, using a single voice command:
Search the Web for information, products, news and more:
- "Search Google for 'Italian restaurants in Boston'"
- "Search Bing for "wedding dress photos"
- "Search Yahoo for "tuxedo rentals"
Search Mail for messages:
Search menu items in the active application:
- "Search Menus for "Page Setup"
Search your Mac for documents and content:
- "Search Mac for 'history term paper'"
- "Search Spotlight for "business brochure layout"
Smart From The Start--Productivity is Faster & Easier
- Flexible Microphones: Switching between microphones is easier to manage with Dragon Dictate 2.0. A new "Audio Sources" setting lets you specify which microphones to use with a given Profile. You can even designate multiple microphones for a single Profile -- for example, if you use both a wired headset microphone and a wireless microphone.
- Easy Upgrade: Moving from MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 to Dragon Dictate 2.0 is a breeze:
- Dragon Dictate 2.0 detects existing user data from Dictate v1.5, including custom vocabulary, and sets up a new and improved Profile. Additional Voice Training is available to further optimize your voice profiles.
- Custom Voice Commands created with Dictate v1.x are compatible with Dragon Dictate 2.0.
- Training Tools: Microphone Setup and Voice Training are easier to manage via an updated user interface for various set-up tools.
- Expanded User Manual & Help Guide: The Dragon Dictate 2.0 User Manual and built-in Help Guide offer in-depth information about both new and existing features in Dictate 2.0.
Point By Voice with MouseGrid
Dragon Dictate 2.0 lets you control your Mac's cursor and mouse actions by voice, giving you a new option for interacting with your desktop, and giving you precise handling of mouse pointer-based tasks.
- MouseGrid: Placement of the cursor can be accomplished with MouseGrid commands. Using numbered 3x3 grid sections onscreen, you can narrow down the placement of the mouse pointer, and then use a Mouse Click command. Some of the MouseGrid commands are:
- "Open MouseGrid" or "MouseGrid"
- "Small MouseGrid" (directly around mouse pointer)
- "1" through "9", to narrow down placement
- "Close MouseGrid", or "Cancel"
- Mouse Click: To click the mouse, you simply speak a command, with optional that designate one or more keys such as Command, Option, Shift or Caps Lock. Choose from these new commands:
- "(modifiers) Mouse Click"
- "(modifiers) Mouse Double Click"
- "(modifiers) Mouse Triple Click"
- "(modifiers) Press Mouse, or Hold Mouse"
- "Release Mouse"
- Mouse Movement: New commands let you move the mouse pointer, just by using your voice. You designate the direction (left, right, up, down, or any combination), and optionally the distance (points, centimeters or inches). These new commands are available in Dragon Dictate 2.0:
- "Move Mouse (direction)"
- "Stop, or Slower, or Faster"
- "Move Mouse (direction) 1-100 Points/Centimeters/Inches"
Smart & Easy Upgrades -- from MacSpeech Dictate 1.x
- Runs on Intel-based Macs: Dragon Dictate for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, which runs on almost any Intel-based Macintosh.
- Easy to Upgrade: Dragon Dictate 2.0 makes it easy to move up from using MacSpeech Dictate 1.5. Launching the new version detects your user data from the previous version, including custom vocabulary. Additional Voice Training is available to further optimize your voice profiles. What's more, you can use your existing wired or wireless USB microphone that came with the older version of Dictate to input your speech.