Dynasty Warriors 8 follows the stories of the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China.
Apart from the Story Mode, which comes with new episodes and characters and takes a deeper look at the drama that unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story, Dynasty Warriors 8 includes all new "What if?" scenarios. Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. Stories branch out to different outcomes providing variety in the course and ending of the game, and giving the players the power to view an alternate version of history depending on their choices. The game also boasts a vast number of new and returning playable characters, as the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom, who make their first appearance in the series, alongside more than 70 playable characters that fight to prevail in the battlefield.
Release Date: July16, 2013
T for Teen:
Publisher: Tecmo KOEI
Developer: Omega Force
- Featuring new episodes and characters, Story Mode takes a deeper look at the drama as it unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. Fulfilling certain conditions in battle will affect how scenarios develop, giving players an alternate take on the Three Kingdoms history.
- Take on the role of a commander and build up your own camp by recruiting allies and collecting materials to construct the great Tonquetai Palace for the Emperor in this new mode.
- Play through unlocked scenarios as the officer of your choice, regardless of allegiance. Experience certain scenarios from the point of view of a rival kingdom.
- Weapons are given one of three element attributes: Heaven, Earth, or Man. Each element is strong (advantage) or weak (disadvantage) to each other in this Three Point System, greatly affecting how damaging your attacks are against enemies. Check the opposing officer’s element and switch weapons to gain the upper hand in battle.
- Use the Storm Rush attack to perform a barrage of attacks, or trigger a Switch Counter for a timely counter attack. When certain conditions are met during battle, players enter a state of Rage to perform powerful Rage Attacks, and ultimately unleash a vicious True Rage Attack.
- Over 70 playable characters, with returning fan-favorites and 10 new members to the series—including the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom.
- Offline and online co-op play for two players!
- Taking further inspiration from the landscape of ancient China, a stronger emphasis is given to the setting of these epic battles. 44 new stages have been created, including verdant plains, sharp ravines, desolate wastelands, and towering castles!
- Supported Functions
- Dolby Digital
- Online Leaderboards