Baby's First Blocks from Fisher-Price is a durable plastic shape-sorter intended to introduce infants to different shapes and colours.The blocks come in a brightly-coloured canister with a shape-sorting lid. The lid is designed to improve hand-eye coordination as babies try to post each shape through the correct hole. However, the lid fits very snugly and once all the blocks have been posted an adult will probably be needed to empty the canister before baby can start again.Baby's First Blocks is a basic shape sorter with no extras but it's well-made and good value for money. The twelve blocks come in three shapes and colours and are easy for little hands to grasp and light in weight--so they won't do any damage when thrown across the room!
Recommended for babies of six months and older.
* Bright colours, shiny reflections and interesting textures stimulate baby's senses
* Placing blocks in bucket strengthens eye-hand coordination
* Grasping & sorting blocks develops finger & hand dexterity
* Baby learns to identify & sort shapes & colours
* Stacking & sorting develops problem-solving skills
* Encourages creative thinking as baby discovers new ways to play with blocks