Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets, and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.
The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story.
All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto’s darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.
The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition offers a bevy of enhancements and accessories for all three of protagonists. It includes:
• Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V
• Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor, and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook;
• Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
• Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
• Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
• Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin, and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
• Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun, and melee Hammer
- LOS SANTOS AND BLAINE COUNTYThe largest open world yet - by far - and spanning vastly diverse cultural and geographical areas, the entire world of Grand Theft Auto V is open from the very beginning of the game to explore. Visitors to the greater metropolis of Los Santos and the countryside of Blaine County will encounter faded celebrities, meth heads, party people, violent gangs, hikers, bikers, and every other manner of colorful denizen. You'll be able to traverse everywhere from the tops of the mountains, through the streets of Los Santos, and to the depths of the ocean floor.
- THREE PLAYABLE PROTAGONISTSThree playable protagonists – Michael, Franklin, and Trevor – may live in different parts of town and have their own issues, attitudes, lifestyles, desires, and goals – but they do know how to work together. They also each have their own unique skillsets to bring to the table when it's time to get the job done.
- 'RECREATIONAL' ACTIVITYThe open world of Grand Theft Auto V is not just massive in scale, but will offer more to get into than ever before. For recreation, play a bit of golf or tennis, zen out with some yoga, or cycle through the countryside. For adrenaline heads, parachute over the city, or customize your Cheetah and take it to the streets to race suckers for money. Or earn cash the old fashioned way, by taking it - whether by ripping off liquor stores, or by buying and taking over businesses that will earn you dividends. Even minding your own business having a stroll, you may meet one of Los Santos' weirdos, junkies, drunkies, or starlets, and find yourself off on a wild misadventure you never expected.
- HEISTSPetty crimes, hustling, and stealing cars can only get you so far in Los Santos. To score big, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor work together to pull off grand Heists – big, multi-part missions that require careful preparation, recruiting, and precise (and often explosive) execution. Cash is king in GTAV, and while there will be plenty of ways to acquire and spend it, heists are the way to earn the big bucks.
- GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINEGrand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players. It begins by sharing gameplay features, geography, and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but continues to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity, and mission-based gameplay, and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V, and launches on October 1st.