When maximum compute performance, support for high-end graphics and audio are required, Intel Workstation System SC5650SCWS is the right solution. Ideal for CAD/CAM, scientific, digital content creation, and industrial applications where performance leads to increased productivity.
- Brand Name:
- Product Type:
- Processor Socket:
- Processor Supported:
- Controller Type:
- Form Factor:
A high performance, dual socket workstation for demanding applications.
When maximum compute performance, support for high-end graphics and audio are required, Intel® Workstation System SC5650SCWS is the right solution. Ideal for CAD/CAM, scientific, digital content creation, and industrial applications where performance leads to increased productivity.
Features & Benefits:
|Up to two Intel® Xeon® processors 5500 or 5600 series
||The next generation of intelligent server processors automatically regulates power consumption to combine industry-leading energy efficiency with intelligent performance that adapts to your workload
|Highly scalable DDR3 memory
||12 DIMMs of registered or unbuffered DDR3 ensure ample capacity and energy-efficient performance for any application
|High-performance I/O architecture
||5 expansion slots, including 2 fast PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots provide optimal I/O flexibility
|Flexible storage configurations
||Integrated 6 SATA ports plus optional 4 ports and SAS RAID I/O Expansion Modules provide versatile storage configurations
|USB 2.0/IEEE 1394a port
||Offers sustained, high-performance connectivity and control to external devices
The Intel® Nehalem-EP Server Platform
The Nehalem-EP Platform is Intel's next generation technology that takes server computing to unprecedented heights. Offering up to 2.25x more performance than the last generation Xeon CPUs and over 3x the bandwidth, this new platform has power to spare. With new advanced options such as native support for SSD and 10 GbE, your server systems stay atop of the technology curve. Intelligent hardware design has created the most efficient server CPU, lowering energy and IT costs. A flexible design architecture allows the same server to fulfill multiple roles saving design costs and an overcall lower TCO than previous designs.
Memory Compatibility Notice
- Please be aware that certain Intel® Xeon® Processor 5600 / 5500 series processors can only use certain memory modules. Please follow the rules for CPU/memory pairing:
- Processors with a QPI of 6.4 GT/s can use up to 1333 MHz memory
- Processors with a QPI of 5.86 GT/s can use up to 1066 MHz memory
- Processors with a QPI of 4.8 GT/s can use up to 800 MHz memory
- CPU can handle memory rated at higher speeds, but will drop down to highest supported speeds
- Be aware that memory options provided in configurator are for up to dual-CPU setups. If using a single CPU configuration, memory support is cut in half.
- It is best to have equal memory per CPU selected. While this server system can operate when only a single CPU populated with memory, performance will be degraded. For optimal performance, please choose memory in multiples of 6x.
Chassis / Form Factor: Tower
Header / Compatibility: PC
Display / Type: None.
System / Hard Drive Capacity: 0 GB
RAM / Installed Size: 0 MB
Mainboard / Processor Socket: LGA1366 Socket
Networking / Type: Network adapter
Optical Storage / Type: None
Packaged Quantity: 1
Processor / Type: No CPU
System / Type: Workstation
Product Form Factor: Tower - 6U
Internal Bays Qty: 6
Front Accessible Bays Qty: 3
Localization: North America
Processor / Chipset
CPU: No CPU
Max CPU Qty: 2
CPU Upgradability: Upgradable
CPU Socket: LGA1366 Socket
Chipset Type: Intel 5520
Installed Size: 0 MB
Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
Features: Unbuffered, registered
Type: No HDD
Type: 1 x RAID - integrated
Controller Interface Type: SATA-300
Channel Qty: 6
RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10
Monitor Type: None.
Graphics Processor: ServerEngines Pilot II
Video Memory: 64 MB DDR2 SDRAM
Video Interfaces: VGA
Sound Output Mode: 7.1 channel surround
Compliant Standards: High Definition Audio
Ethernet Ports: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet Controller: Intel 82575EB
Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Remote Management Protocol: IPMI 2.0
Expansion / Connectivity
- 6 (total) / 6 (free) x internal 3.5"
- 2 (total) / 2 (free) x external 5.25"
- 1 (total) / 1 (free) x external 3.5"
- 2 (total) / 2 (free) x CPU
- 12 (total) / 12 (free) x DIMM 240-pin
- 2 (total) / 2 (free) x PCIe 2.0 x16
- 1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe x8 ( x4 mode )
- 1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCIe x4 ( x1 mode )
- 1 (total) / 1 (free) x PCI
- 2 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet)
- 5 x USB 2.0 ( 1 in front )
- 1 x FireWire - 6 pin FireWire
- 1 x audio line-out (back surround)
- 1 x audio line-out (center/subwoofer)
- 1 x audio line-out (side surround)
- 1 x audio line-out (front surround)
Features: Power Factor Correction (PFC)
Device Type: Power supply
Installed Qty: 1
Max Supported Qty: 1
Power Provided: 1 kW
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 23.5 cm
Depth: 48.3 cm
Height: 45.2 cm
Comes with 3 Years of Local Warranty Provided by INTEL.