Set in the near future, the tranquil peace enjoyed by mankind shatters with an unforeseen invasion by an unknown enemy called the Lutadore. Armed to the teeth with futuristic gravity-controlling weapons, the Lutadore easily overrun the city's defenses. Unbeknownst to all, mysterious anomalies have surfaced in conjunction with the invasion. Random regions in the city have entered zero gravity or have suffered vector changes, throwing the world into topsy-turvy chaos. Assuming the role of Davis Russel, a hotheaded 28-year-old cop, or Leo Delgado, Davis’ neighbor, players will embark on a journey through the disorienting war-ravaged, gravity twisted streets of their home town and beyond, to find Davis' missing child.
Inversion is a third-person co-op shooter that combines hard-hitting, adrenaline-pumping action with a revolutionary gravity manipulation engine. Featuring the Grappler weapon, players will be able to manipulate gravity for their own purposes.
Release Date: June 5, 2012
M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes
Genre: Third-Person Shooter
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Developer: Saber Interactive
- Multiplayer Options: Play through the compelling story on your own or play with others in either co-op or competitive modes.
- Breakthrough Gravity-Defying Gameplay: Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightless gameplay in zero gravity. Control gravitational forces using your Gravlink device to either increase or decrease the amount of gravity on a given target. Command gravity to crush objects in your way, float enemies into range or even pick up cars to use them as mobile cover.
- Innovative Cover System: With bullets flying, seek cover objects in the environment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Pervasive Environmental Destruction: Inversion has been specifically designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the "Havok Destruction" module. Blast through the environments, target your enemies' cover blasting it to bits or even knock down overhead objects to crush the enemy below.
- Supported Functions
- Number Of Players: 1-16
- Online - VS Number Of Players: 16
- Online Versus Multiplayer
- Online Co-Op Multiplayer