Bring home THX Select2 Plus theater-reference-quality audio with the 7.2-channel TX-NR747 Network A/V Receiver, featuring mind-blowing DTS:X and Dolby Atmos multi-dimensional audio formats. Onkyo’s high-current amplification system drives speakers to reproduce soundtracks with maximum impact and fidelity at 175 W/Ch. UltraHD video capability is equally impressive, with eight HDMI terminals including dedicated HDCP 2.2 compatible inputs for premium 4K video content and two HDMI outputs for video in separate rooms.
The TX-NR747’s high-grade 384 kHz/32-bit AKM DAC not only brings movies to life, but music as well. Conveniently stream audio over built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, or internet music services including Spotify Connect and Deezer. Use the free Onkyo Remote app to stream audio stored on mobile devices or 24-bit Hi-Res PCM or 5.6 MHz DSD audio from your home network over DLNA, and control playback in two zones. Plus, the TX-NR747 has a phono equalizer input to connect a turntable and updated AccuEQ for precise room acoustic calibration.
- THX-Certified Amp Quality
- DTS:X and Dolby Atmos Support
- 175 W per Channel
- Hi-Current Amp Design for Authentic Sound Reproduction
- HDMI 8 In / 2 Out Including 1 Front (4K UltraHD / HDCP 2.2)
- HDMI & HDCP 2.2 for 4K UltraHD
- Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
- DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio Capable
- 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration
THX-Certified Amp Quality
- THX certification guarantees the same high volume, low distortion sound you experience in a commercial theater in your listening room. The TX-NR747 meets the most demanding & rigorous performance certification: it has to pass 75 test categories, 2,000 tests, covering 14,000 data points. THX Select2 Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 10-12 feet.
- DTS:X is a next-generation object-based surround sound technology that includes height to deliver a fully-immersive listening experience. DTS:X provides listeners the ultimate in flexibility, immersion, and interactivity. Unlike channel-based audio, you will be able to personalize your audio experience. For example, you can turn up JUST the dialog within a mix. DTS:X allows you to customize to your room layout as well as control dialog and dynamic range.
Dolby Atmos Support Up to 5.1.2 Channels
- With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead. The format combines a channel-based audio bed with object-oriented sound to place and move specific effects around the room, creating a breathtakingly realistic and captivating sonic atmosphere.
- Sound designers and artists are free to mix in a 3D space, steering effects through surround channels and adding a seamless overhead dimension with discrete height channels.
- Additionally, a new Dolby surround up-mixer allows for your current channel-based content (that has not been mixed for Dolby Atmos) to be expanded to fill the flexible speaker layouts of a Dolby Atmos system
Ready for UltraHD
- The latest HDMI specification and HDCP 2.2 compatibility support the latest formats and technologies planned for Hollywood content. This latest HDMI spec offers a significant increase in bandwidth (up to 18Gbps) to support new features such as [email protected]/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, and 4:4:4 color space.
- This Onkyo AVR enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
Hi-Current Amp Design for Authentic Sound Reproduction
- From the quietest dialog passages to booming action scenes, Onkyo's exclusive amplification technology dramatically enhances the audio dynamics of your movies, music and games.
- This Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT) is at the core of Onkyo's signature sound. The innovative amplifier design is comprised of three key elements:
- (1) a low negative feedback design for punchy, true-to-life sound, and cleaner audio across the frequency ranges;
- (2) closed groundloop circuits to reduce individual circuit noise and keep the ground potential free of distortion; and
- (3) a high instantaneous current to handle big dynamic gains.
- This allows massive power at 175 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC) and 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC).
Classic Analog & Hi-Res Digital
- This receiver is engineered for hi-res analog and digital audio. You can spin your classic vinyl and hear it in all its analog glory and stream your networked hi-res digital files. Both analog and digital audio sound its warmest and clearest. The TX-NR646 supports hi-res audio playback, gapless playback, and the ability to play DSD, Double DSD, FLAC and ALAC along with other Hi-Res formats.
Bluetooth / Wi-Fi with Spotify and AirPlay
- The TX-NR747 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built in. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices to internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet. Or pair up and enjoy whatever's playing on your Bluetooth-compatible device for huge cinematic sound.
- This receiver comes loaded with Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker and TuneIn. You can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. You'll never be short of your favorite music to enjoy.
Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Outs
- The TX-NR747 features Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 line-outs. This lets you assign two channels to power audio in a room equipped with speakers. An existing hi-fi system in a third room can also be connected via the line-out, enabling the use of the A/V receiver as a pre-amp and audio server. Control content in the two zones via remote app; play the same song in all zones using Whole House Mode; or enjoy a different song in each room.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
TX-NR747 Advanced Features:
- # Channels: 7.2
- Power Watts/Ch (6 Ohms 1kHz, 1 Channel Driven, FTC): 175, 0.9% THD
- Power Watts/Ch (8 Ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC): 110, 0.08% THD
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply): Massive High Power Transformer
- THX Certified: Select2 Plus
- Continuous 6 Ohms Rated
- Certified 4 Ohms Performance
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Independent Power Supply: x2
- Bi-amp Capability For Front
- Pure Mode
- 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine: Dual DSP for Powerful Advanced Processing
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost: for Deep Bass and Clear Mid-Range
- DTS Decoder: DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio
- ONKYO GAME Surround Modes: Rock, Sports, Action, RPG
- Advanced Music Optimizer: Bluetooth Included
- Dolby Decoder: Atmos, True HD, DD Plus, PLIIz
- Dolby Atmos
- THX Processing Mode
- 384K/32 Bit DACs: AKM4458
- AccuEQ Room Calibration: Advanced
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: from 480i/576i
- Internet Radio Capable: Pandora, Spotify, Sirius, Slacker, Aupeo!, TuneIn
- Spotify Connect Support
- HDCP 2.2 Copy-Protection Compatibility: 3 in / 2 out
- HDMI I/O: 8 / 3
- HDMI Support for DVD-Audio, SACD, Multichannel PCM
- Whole House Mode
- Zone 2 Line Out: Fixed
- Component Video I/O: 2 / 0
- Wireless Network: Wi-Fi-Certified
- USB Input: Rear
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- 4K Passthrough
- HDMI 4K/60 Hz- Capable HDMI Terminals: HDR Support
- Zone 2 Digital to Analog Audio Conversion: S/PDIF, NET, USB
- HDMI Support for High Dynamic Range
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC
- Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Streaming Audio From USB memory
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX): 2 / 1
- Powered Zone 2
- Supports Onkyo Remote App: iPod touch/iPhone and Android-Powered Devices
- Composite I/O: 3 / 0
- Phono Input
- HDMI Support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync
- Streaming Audio From PC / Network: DLNA, Home Media
- Front Panel HDMI
- Hi-Res Streaming Audio Formats: Apple Lossless, DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz, Dolby TrueHD, FLAC 192/24, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA
- Analog Pre-Outs: Subwoofer (x2)
- Audio I/O: 7 / 0
- Zone 3 Line Out
- ONKYO-RI System Control
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI)
- Smart Grid-Ready
- OSD Out: Advanced "Home" GUI
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic.: AccuEQ - Advanced
- Learning Remote
- On Screen Remote Programming
- Warranty: 2 YEARS
- Hybrid Standby Function: to Reduce Power Consumption
Amplifier Section - Power Output