High atop his penthouse office, a mysterious ringleader named Calypso lords over the contest of vehicle combat known as Twisted Metal. He returns again to host the ultimate contest of skill and destruction. Contestants have been chosen to compete and, should they emerge victorious, win whatever prize their heart desires.
Twisted Metal, the longest running franchise in PlayStation history, is now back, exclusively on the PS3 system. With four factions battling for control, players step into the combat boots of a twisted disciple in a high octane, highly destructible world. Players fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by the stylishly evil Calypso, the mastermind behind the Twisted Metal tournament. Disciples strategically dismantle opponents in vehicles loaded with weapons of Twisted destruction. With a robust online system, players unleash destruction with up to 16 players through PlayStation Network and battle through a variety of favorite and new game modes.
Release Date: February 14, 2012
MSRP: 59.99 USD
M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Eat Sleep Play
- Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
- Fight online as a disciple of one of four factions, each based on a classic Twisted Metal character.
- Supports up to 16 players online through PSN.
- Play with friends in 2- 4 player split-screen and online as well.
- Featuring a variety of gameplay types including series’ favorite and new, unique game modes.
- With the power of PS3 system, unleash massive amounts of destruction in brand new, never before seen Twisted levels.
- Deliver destruction to strategically change the face of the level, or just cause incredible chaos.
- Featuring a complete arsenal of weapons that make for more creative kills, from missiles and miniguns to giant magnets and flying mascots; players always have a way to take someone out.
- Choose from over a dozen Twisted vehicles, each outfitted with special weapons to strategically dismantle opponents.
- Flight is a first for the franchise. One of the new vehicles in Twisted Metal to take full advantage of flight is the Talon, a helicopter armed to the teeth with a minigun turret.
- Disciples team their rides up in various modes to wreak havoc on the enemy such as using the Talon as a magnet to pick up teammates and rain double the destruction down below.
- Features full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.
- Supported Functions
- Number Of Players: 1-16
- Local - VS # of Players
- Online - VS Number Of Players: 16